- The company was founded in 1992 with head quarters in Tromsø, Norway.
- Production, system integration and installation is performed by partner company Automex in Poland.
- Resellers and OEM/VAR partners in Canada, Poland, India, France, Italy and Brazil.
- The company has delivered driving simulators and simulator software to customers in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, England, France, USA, Korea, Spain, Morocco, Canada, Singapore, India, Lithuania, China, Estonia, Italy and Poland.
- The company has developed a new a suite of software named SimWorld.
- The company has developed a high quality simulator for heavy vehicles based on SimWorld and 6DOF and 3DOF motion systems.
- The truck simulators have successfully been winning most of the open tenders in Europe since 2009, and have a great potential in the escalating truck driver training market in Europe.
- Today, AutoSim is the biggest vendor of "top-of-the-range" driving simulators on the European market.
- The company has sold more than 20 full scale driving simulators for training and research.